Feeling Hot Hot Hot…

Its HOT here today… a nice change from the cold wet weather.  I feel more motivated to get out and do things in nice weather and I am happy for my garden vegetables too as the warmer weather seems to make them grow tall. On our walk the other day through the battlefields I saw some really old pumps. I always see things like this as art. The above pump I really liked and I thought the orange background was so vibrant against the old pump. I also saw the below pump and liked it against the green grass.

The chickens are enjoying the warmer weather and trying to get into my garden… tough luck chickens my fence should keep them out.

Its hot enough the boys are inside enjoying the fan and a late afternoon nap… they are my cuties 🙂

Dinner is chicken and the fixings and then I have to catch up on my reading… I have a pile of magazines two feet tall, no joke, and I want to clean out some clutter. Happy hump day…  I hope you were blessed 🙂

P.S. Anyone want to take a stab at who sang the song that is my title today?

1. Sarah
    May 02, 2012 @ 18:03:14

Buster Poindexter?

2. Sarah
    May 02, 2012 @ 18:04:52

I love the the puppy with his ear flipped backwards! LOL

3. beechcreekproject
    May 02, 2012 @ 18:56:17

I can handle the hot but it sure is humid here. Just walk outside for a bit and you work up a sweat. I really like the pump with the orange background. Reminds me of a pump we used at an old cabin we used to stay at when we were kids. It has some funky tasting water but it was always cold.

May 02, 2012 @ 19:41:08

I enjoy that photo too… it is a memory from childhood for me too. It got a little humid here, but not too bad. We just had a brief rain storm and now everything is cooled off and the birds are out. Hope it gets less humid there too.

4. wordsfromanneli
    May 02, 2012 @ 21:05:29

Do your chickens know what you’re having for dinner?

5. Cassandra
    May 03, 2012 @ 04:00:25

I know what you mean about being more motivated in the warmth and some sunshine always helps!! Enjoy your de-cluttering, I’m trying to find my computer desk at the moment 😉

6. Beth - The Botut Blog
    May 03, 2012 @ 23:55:22

I think the humidity is 100%!! But like you I was out working (and sweating buckets while I did so!!)

We have a pump like the bluish one. It is real (not deco) but currently we use if for a decoration. BUT I’m trying to convince my hubs to connect it to our well so that it actually works!

May 04, 2012 @ 10:13:02

That would be so great if he could do that. I would love one connected to our well near our chicken coop so the water halling to and from could be shortened 😉