Woody the Woodpecker

So yesterday I attempted to post a photo of a woodpecker I had in the front yard and it was only somewhat successful. So here I will try again…

I love this little guy (girl?) and the bright red-head. He (she?) is a frequent visitor over the last few days and I have enjoyed this woodpeckers interaction with our other birds. I have been looking out on other’s blogs and we all seem to be having many bird friend visitors recently thanks to the warmer weather. When ever I see a woodpecker I think of the old cartoon about Woody the Woodpecker and his unique laugh. I got a kick out of it. So in honor of that neat old show we will name this woodpecker Woody. I hope he stays around for a while as we do enjoy his company 🙂 Any of you getting any cool birds on your feeders or in your yards recently?

1. Earth Ocean Sky Redux
    May 07, 2012 @ 17:24:51

Terrific photo. Were you outside when the woodpecker came to the feeding station or is the photo through a window? Love your blog, especially the photos of your dogs.

2. wordsfromanneli
    May 07, 2012 @ 19:16:46

Thanks for re-posting this. We have the pileated woodpecker in our neck of the woods. He has the authentic Woody Woodpecker tuft on his head, but we don’t have the red-headed woodpecker that you show on this photo, so it’s a novelty for me. Love the bird pics.

3. jlheuer
    May 07, 2012 @ 19:59:45

Hi, just thought you’ld like to know that this is a male red-bellied woodpecker. Nice picture.

4. denisegabbard
    May 07, 2012 @ 22:38:07

Awesome picture– we have lots of woodpeckers here, get to hear them but seems I can never catch them long enough to see them. I laughed at my nephew when he bought a set of binoculars with a camera (figured it was for chickies in bikinis) but they might be a good idea, actually.

May 07, 2012 @ 22:55:01

Glad you share my joy for birds like woodpeckers. I share your laughter about your nephew, my hubby would like those, but he would use them for the birds 🙂

5. jmgoyder
    May 08, 2012 @ 00:57:12

Fantastic!

6. Animalcouriers
    May 08, 2012 @ 02:54:51

Lovely shots of your birds – lucky things to get them so close to the house.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )