This 10 things Tuesday has a few stories attached to it today so bear with me as I share…
10. I am always thankful for my home and all that includes.
9. I am grateful that I have supportive friends who support me in times of need (see # 1 and 4).
8. I am thankfull for my job as we have a new director starting soon and it may all change, as she has no background in my field and is known to close centers like mine (lets hope not).
7. My chickens who give us wonderful eggs to eat and share.
6. My doggies. They make us happy when we have had a rough day (see #1 and 4).
5. I am grateful the pastor of our old church will be starting a plant church near us by the fall so we will be able to attend church under his leadership again.
4. My mom (and family). I said my mom specifically as she is soon to go through two surgeries on her eyes as she has been declared legally blind in one and has to or she will be blind eventually. She should be fine, but it is still not a good thing to happen.
3. I am happy we got to rescue a dog from certain death today. As we were driving to work we saw a dog running down the middle of a windy narrow back road. We stopped, put her in our car, and there was no tag so we called the county and used the county ID tag to get the owner information.We then promptly delivered the dog back home. Her name was Oreo and she was a cattle dog/terrier mix. Her owner says she keeps running the invisible fence and can jump over the other one they had. As we left my husband said “you should have gotten her picture to share on your blog” I almost kicked myself as she was a cute dog and I would have loved to share her picture.
That’s a good list. We often don’t appreciate how lucky we are,
Thank you I am trying to keep my blessings in the front of my day 🙂
Prayers and love to your mum. And I wish I could’ve seen Oreo! 🙂
Thank you very much for the prayers for my mom. And with Oreo I may have to go back to get a picture of her to share if the owners will let me 🙂
My father has more or less the same thing with his eye. He’s totally blind in one eye and we’re trying so hard to keep the vision on his other one. He’s had a number of procedures done. He’s okay. Your mum will be too! 🙂 Good luck on getting Oreo’s picture. :-p
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I will keep the faith. Her first procedure I think is the 17th. I will keep your Dad in my prayers also.
I love entries like this 🙂 Best of luck to your mom!
Thank you so very much for the well wishes and kind comment. I am glad you enjoy these enties as I like to write them 🙂
Blessings counted. How lovely.
Thank you 🙂
Love your 10 things, especially number 3! 😉
Thank you I am glad you related to #3.
It is amazing what they can do with eye surgeries these days. My dad had to have cataract surgery or he was going to lose his drivers license due to being nearly legally blind in one eye. He had the surgery and had corrective surgery as well and now he’s got better eye sight than I do. The same story with my mom and she’s wore glasses since she was 5. Now both of them have better eyesight than I do and I’m the one still wearing glasses. Best wishes and I’m sure your mom will come out of eye surgery well.
My mom did say this might correct her vision and be a good thing. I just think its crepy that you have to be awake for the whole thing. She is brave 🙂 I am sure she will be fine 🙂
My mom and dad said they didn’t really feel a thing and it was over before they knew it. Had a couple of days of eye discomfort but other than it went smoothly. I’m sure everything will go well.
Thats good to know. I will not worry as much if she wont feel that much 🙂 Thanks 🙂
Good grief! You sure know how to fill up a day! Hope things turn out okay for your mom. Does she have an adequate support system?
She has us and her husband so that should do. We do knwo how to fill a day… it just seems to happen that way 🙂
As someone who has recently moved into the countryside, and who has also taken in a rescue dog, I share your thankfulness.
Yahh for country living and rescuse dogs. I am so glad you share these two loves of mine 🙂