And the rain came down, down, down…

So the weather man was right again… rain all day. It really made the morning hard for us to get to the doctors appointments and then to run errands. There were numerous accidents and people driving slowly. We were late for the first doctor, but so was everyone behind us so we were still seen. When we got home the chickens were out in the yard getting a bath and they got some of the scrap cauliflower for a treat. The rain was coming down hard and the tractors were eerie distant in the rain…

The rose-bush seemed to enjoy another drink and is getting so big with all the rain…

It’s one of those afternoons that I don’t mind the rain now that I am home. I got a nap, the garden is getting water, and I don’t have to feel bad about resting and reading. I hope you have a blessed week 🙂

1. magsx2
    May 14, 2012 @ 20:12:56

Hi,
    You just have to love the rain sometimes, truly a beautiful rose. 🙂

2. wordsfromanneli
    May 14, 2012 @ 20:20:59

Sometimes it’s nice not to have to water the whole garden because the rain has done it for you.

3. georgegallagher
    May 14, 2012 @ 20:28:24

Still raining here….in PA. But it’s a warm rain and feels nice.

May 14, 2012 @ 20:31:58

The rain is still cool here in VA, but the garden enjoyed it 🙂 Glad you had the lovely warm rain 😉

• georgegallagher
        May 14, 2012 @ 20:37:49

Thanks….and wishing I was in VA again. Lived in Faquier County years ago. Loved it there.

May 14, 2012 @ 20:41:26

Wow that is close to where we live about 45 minutes from us. My husband use to live in Faquier. Small world 😉

• georgegallagher
        May 14, 2012 @ 20:53:26

Yes. While in the Army many years ago I was staioned in Warrenton. Was there from 80-82 before being sent overseas. I always wished I moved back there and seldom visited (except when passing through). My family and I drpve through the area last year. So different; and well=developed compared to 1982.

May 14, 2012 @ 20:55:20

It has grown so much in the last few years we hardly recognize it ourselves. We moved out further then that though and it is even building up out here.

4. Jennifer
    May 14, 2012 @ 22:00:09

love the picture of the tractor by the tree. And as much as we hate it sometimes, the rain is always good!

5. cubbyholes
    May 15, 2012 @ 01:53:38

They keep calling for that for us, but instead we had tons of humidity and a few light showers. bah. lol.

6. WestEastern
    May 15, 2012 @ 01:54:06

I bet that rain smelled so beautiful after the storm! Lovely photos

7. cynkingfeeling
    May 15, 2012 @ 22:59:34

Thanks for stopping by my blog since it helped me find yours. I love those tractors in the rain.

8. VeronicaThePajamaThief
    May 15, 2012 @ 23:21:49

I love rain pics… what a beautiful ‘noise’ they make!

9. cubbyholes
    May 17, 2012 @ 01:04:54

When we lived in our trailer we had an aluminum roof. When it rained hard it was loud, but I liked it. Now I rarely hear the rain being in a two story house. I miss that sound. 🙂

10. rejoicefortheday
    May 18, 2012 @ 10:01:51

I really like the tractor pictures! I try and get good rain coming down shots but they never seem to come out well. I liked the post as well.

May 18, 2012 @ 18:14:04

I am glaad you like the photos. I find when doing rain pictures (mine are not the best) but I do find to be farther away from the subject or closer is best. The trasctors were a little less then an acre from our house. The rose is just outside my door.

11. Animalcouriers
    May 18, 2012 @ 12:55:05

Love the tractors – are they really still in working order?

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )