White and Red Hot

Anyone know what this tree is? This tree is in the yard and I had never paid attention to it before. The other day I was out mowing and saw these white flowers on the tree. They look like little bells to me.

I think the next few days will be shorter posts as I have so much to do and catch up on inside. Today it was raining again. The garden was getting a nice drink and the chickens were out enjoying getting wet which seemed to make it easier to get the good bugs.

I love to watch the rain collect in little beads ont their feathers and then the shake like they are big bad ladies and the water is all gone. More and more the follow me around the yard and come when I call “here ladies”. I also found these red-hot pokersΒ while visiting a neighbor and he let me take some photos πŸ™‚

Β This is the final countdown to Memorial Day weekend. We don’t have much planed as hubby has to work, but we will try to grill out on Monday. Any of you have special ways to celebrate Memorial Day?

1. wordsfromanneli
    May 23, 2012 @ 21:20:09

That tree looks like it could be a philadelphus (mock orange) but I can’t see the leaves, so can’t say for sure. The blossoms have an aroma that’s a bit like lily-of-the-valley. Very sweet. They bloom this time of year so it could be that one….

2. woodsnearskylinedrive
    May 23, 2012 @ 22:28:04

No holiday plans…at least not yet. I did want to say how much I enjoy Red Hot Pocker plants. They bloom for a nice long time.

May 24, 2012 @ 09:22:20

I have never seen the red hots before so I am happy to hear I get to enjoy the blooms for a while πŸ™‚ Even if you have no weekend plans I hope you have a relaxing weekend πŸ™‚

• woodsnearskylinedrive
        May 24, 2012 @ 10:30:27

Thank you. The red hots are interesting because the blooms grow at the top while the ones fade toward the bottom.

May 24, 2012 @ 22:42:19

I didn’t know that about them either… what a cool flower πŸ™‚ Thanks for the info πŸ™‚

3. Jennifer
    May 24, 2012 @ 00:11:05

Love red hot pokers, I have a bush in my yard. Such a cool plant, As for the other, no idea.

4. GullringstorpGoatGal
    May 24, 2012 @ 04:24:57

Hej from Sweden !
    Lovely!

5. rigmover
    May 24, 2012 @ 05:11:20

Love the Red Hot Pokers, we use to chase each other around the garden with them when we were kids. Thanks

6. rejoicefortheday
    May 24, 2012 @ 09:01:31

I have a friend who is just getting into the ‘country’ life with new chickens and goats, and I am somewhat involved with it. It is really neat to read your blog because I can kind of relate to the chickens, the outdoors, and all of those pretty flowers- as I am also kind of learning my way through my own yard. Another great post, and I will look forward to reading your next one!

May 24, 2012 @ 09:18:13

So glad you are relating to my blog. Your friend is in the next step we would like -goats πŸ™‚ I hope we can both work through our yards together and make them beautiful. Thanks again for the great comment πŸ™‚

7. Sallyann