Breakfast with the birds…

Hello followers and visitors… it’s almost the weekend and a holiday weekend at that. I don’t know about where you live, but it is already hot and humid here today. The sun is out but a haze is across the sky. This hasn’t stopped our pup Baxter from sunning in his black coat…

I am enjoying a few moments in bed blogging (hubby was sweet enough to let the chickens out for me) until I need to make breakfast and go to work. I looked out the window and saw this cardinal enjoying some breakfast…

I am looking forward to tomorrow as after work it will be the start to a 3 day weekend. Today is a long work day for me and I hope it is un eventful. I hope you all have a blessed Thursday 🙂

1. newsferret
    May 24, 2012 @ 09:57:16

Love the dog.

2. magsx2
    May 24, 2012 @ 16:48:55

Hi,
    That’s great that you have a long weekend to look forward too, I hope you all have great weather to enjoy it. 🙂
    What a lovely sight to see looking out your window, a beautiful bird.

3. happychappyhouse
    May 24, 2012 @ 18:38:59

Thanks for the comment! Your pup looks strapping. How do you like that bird feeder? I have been meaning to look at the different types of seed feeders so we can get one.

May 24, 2012 @ 21:55:05

We like this feeder as it has lasted a long time and is easy to fill and clean. The only bad part is the squirrels can eat the feed easily. The birds seem to love it as they can see the feed, it is easy acces to the feed, and multiple birds can eat at once (if I were a bird these would be the positives). We just got another feeder that says it is squirrel proof and has multiple compartments for different feed. I will post how we like it once we get it up 🙂

4. bigkosydar
    May 26, 2012 @ 22:22:51

your Baxter looks very much like my Porter. 🙂

May 26, 2012 @ 22:24:31

Yes he does with the black and white on the chest. Yours seems to not enjoy the water as much as my Baxter 🙂

• bigkosydar
        May 26, 2012 @ 22:32:37

i’m impressed that you figured that out. i’ve never said that my dogs don’t like to swim on my blog so you must have figured it out from the pictures alone. impressive indeed 😉 i’m hoping to get him swimming this summer.

May 27, 2012 @ 19:31:15

Well I looked at his body language and facial expression and it looks a lot like my Baxter. My Baxter doesn’t like the beach water (well most water in general) so I figured your dog must be feeling the same thing. I take my pups to the local parks that have streams and small rivers though them to get them use to the water… it’s taken me 3 years to get him to just put his paws in. It helps when my friends dogs who love the water are with us. Chase will get in (not swimming yet) but Baxter just puts his paws in. Good luck with getting your dog to swim, he may like it better 🙂

5. George Collingwood
    May 27, 2012 @ 03:38:58

Thanks for leaving a comment and liking my post about Alleycat. I wish my photos were as good as yours! Have a nice holiday!

6. Debbie
    May 28, 2012 @ 08:55:22

Love the photos and your dog! My Spencer looked a lot like him when he was young.

7. Debbie
    May 28, 2012 @ 08:55:56

Oh, and thanks for reading my post!

8. sudebaker
    Jun 28, 2012 @ 21:59:47

Thanks for reading my blog! You have a lovely demeanor and a great eye for photography. Keep it up!