Survival of the Chickens

The chickens are surviving the heat as they survived the storm. They seem to be keeping cool by hiding under the bushes, digging in the dirt, and staying close to the pool drinking water…

The heat must be getting to them though as I got theย tiniest egg the other day…

The regular egg is on top and the tiny egg in the spoon on the bottom…

I want to crack it open and see if there is a tiny egg inside… will keep you posted. I also have been having some luck in my garden.

My recent harvest of lettuce, onion, and tomato.

I have had more luck this year with the lettuce and it is nice to have fresh veggies to make a yummy salad….

The salad I made above with lettuce, tomato, and onions.

Well, it is the beginning of another week and more things to come… Have a blessed week ๐Ÿ™‚

1. wordsfromanneli
    Jul 01, 2012 @ 12:19:59

How nice to have fresh eggs from your own chickens and fresh veggies from your own garden.

Jul 01, 2012 @ 21:24:35

It is very nice. Hubby and I were just talking about how nice it is to not have to buy these things in the store and have them right outside the door ๐Ÿ™‚

2. marysmemories
    Jul 01, 2012 @ 12:27:27

Nice to know that you have all survived the storm. The stuff from the garden looks delicious. And the chickens are doing o.k.

Jul 01, 2012 @ 21:27:42

Yes I was so worried about my girls when I saw their run getting hit so hard, but they all seem fine… we just need to get the run fixed up. ๐Ÿ™‚ You have to be a survivor to live in the country as you never know what will happen ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Animalcouriers
    Jul 01, 2012 @ 14:12:25

Good to hear the chooks are doing ok in the heat. Sad that their run is gone ๐Ÿ˜ฆ good luck with the repairs all round ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Elisa Cashiola
    Jul 01, 2012 @ 16:37:39

You got a tiny egg too? My parents got an egg that small too, last week, from one of their barred rock hens and we couldn’t figure out why….

5. Aquaponic Family
    Jul 01, 2012 @ 18:46:44

It got up to 109 yesterday and 106 today. Like yours, our chickens are staying in the shade and drinking lots of water. If it gets any hotter, we may have to start sharing our bed with some fowl.

6. countrygirllifeonthefarm
    Jul 02, 2012 @ 08:59:12

I promise, there is an egg in there. I save all of them and blow them out, wash thoroughly and then use for decorations in my kitchen. They’re adorable.

7. amyturnertaylor
    Jul 02, 2012 @ 16:24:31

Love the tiny little egg! Your salad looks delicious!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )