Laid Back Monday…

Had another little visitor today… such a pretty lady πŸ™‚ Not much happened today…. hubby is still sick so I used the time he was sleeping to work outside after it cooled off.

Chase watched me water the garden, the flowers, and clean the porch off. We had tacos for dinner and the lettuce, tomatoes, and onions came from our own garden. πŸ™‚

I love it now that the garden is starting to produce. When I need something I can just go into the garden and get it πŸ™‚ The cucumbers are also starting to climb and there are little baby cucumbers on the vine.

Last year IΒ made pickles with our cucumbers. Some come out and others were too sour. Not sure what I want to do with the extra produce this year, but I have an interest in learning to can. With all this hot weather we all seem to be having and some people still without power I was wondering what you all are doing to stay cool?

1. Chancy and Mumsy
    Jul 03, 2012 @ 00:24:49

Sorry to hear your husband is still sick sure hope he gets well very soon. Your plants all look so healthy and pretty. Garden bounty is the BEST!!! Hugs

2. becca's event horizon
    Jul 03, 2012 @ 01:51:06

I’ve been in the pool and sitting in the shade drinking lots of water and iced tea. I love your pictures and really enjoy your blog!

3. Raynifly
    Jul 03, 2012 @ 02:40:44

Fresh veg!

4. marysmemories
    Jul 03, 2012 @ 03:12:17

Best wishes for hubby to get well soon.
    Here in my place, we have had loads of rain and am confined to being indoors. This time of year I am usually outside tending the garden and enjoying walks with my dog.

Jul 03, 2012 @ 22:21:44

Thank you for the well wishes. The rain is good for the garden and getting things done inside πŸ™‚ I also enjoy walking the dogs in the nice weather πŸ™‚

5. vanevolence
    Jul 03, 2012 @ 08:21:55

I love canning and flash freezing veggies! I miss it, we don’t have a big garden this year because we didn’t have the time to care for it like it needs. When we’re outside the kids and I stay cool by wading in their kiddie pool or out in the woods near the rock bluffs where it is almost always 10 degrees cooler.

Jul 03, 2012 @ 22:25:22

We also have a kiddy pool, but it is for the chickens and dogs πŸ˜‰ I hope I can can this year… any tips?

• vanevolence
        Jul 04, 2012 @ 06:05:41

Mrs. Wages mixes are awesome for dill and kosher dill pickles you can find those at Walmart and most other grocery stores. For the bread and butter pickles I use an Amish recipe my mom got from a friend. If you make jams or jellies follow the certo/ clear gel package instructions to a tee πŸ˜‰ I know from experience. There’s nothing like opening a jar of blackberry syrup when you were expecting jam for your toast! Happy canning!

Jul 04, 2012 @ 08:59:12

Thanks for all the great tips I will try some of them out. Thanks again πŸ™‚

6. rejoicefortheday
    Jul 03, 2012 @ 09:50:47

We are having some hot weather here too, but not any rain. Not good in Tennessee where we are used to a lot of it. Luckily, the power is up and running so staying indoors is what I am looking forward to this week. Hope those without power around you get it back SOON!

Jul 03, 2012 @ 22:26:28

I hope they get power back, but they said it won’t be 100% restored until Sunday. I wish I could send you some rain from our area we have a lot πŸ™‚

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )