Weekend words…

Coleus

This weekend has been a busy one as predicted. During my cleaning this morning for the elderly couple I got a bushel of apples and a bag of pears from their trees. So my next project is canning applesauce, pears, and making jelly from the grapes I peeled and got the seeds out of the other day. I get so excited to try something new with canning (I know I am weird). My venture into canning has been fun so far and I am looking forward to do more 🙂 Tomorrow I am off to church and then the 1st birthday of my friends little boy… I get to take the photos of this blessed event… he is a cutie 🙂

1. doublebhomestead
    Sep 08, 2012 @ 21:48:28

Those red coleus sure are nice, been so droughty around here I couldn’t keep up with my watering.

2. Chancy and Mumsy
    Sep 08, 2012 @ 22:39:01

Beautiful coleus, I have never had any luck growing them but I sure do like them. Have fun making jelly and canning. Hugs

Sep 08, 2012 @ 22:40:45

This is my first year trying the coleus… my mom turned me on to them and they are so pretty. I am hoping to have fun with the canning still. Thanks 🙂

3. Ray's Mom
    Sep 08, 2012 @ 23:33:17

Your venture into canning is bold and hard work. But, in January all that hard work is forgotten. You must be busy..

Sep 08, 2012 @ 23:40:47

I hope it will pay off… 🙂
      I tend to stay super busy and when I am not I find something new to do hence the new canning hobby 🙂 I am not really good at sitting still 😉

4. Laura Rittenhouse
    Sep 09, 2012 @ 03:59:05

A bushel of apples and a bag of pears – not a bad days payment for volunteer work. Of course now you have even more work canning it all. It all sounds like good works to me.

5. sagescenery
    Sep 09, 2012 @ 08:30:16

I like your life!!!! God Bless!

6. Save the Treats for the Dog
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 21:14:31

Thanks for the comment on the blog. Just had to come and check yours out. Good luck with the canning. I just canned pear butter with just a little bit of sugar and a hint of vanilla and I am already regretting not doing more. Have fun and good luck!

Sep 10, 2012 @ 23:18:24

Ohhh that sounds yummy 🙂 Your dog is so cute and your garden sounds like it is producing well if your pup would stop eating your rewards 😉 Thanks for coming by 🙂

7. strivingforsimple
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 22:14:57

Sounds like a good time. I look forward to hearing about your adventures in canning – specifically your grape jelly. That sounds fabulous!

Sep 10, 2012 @ 23:16:55

I will try to be better at taking pictures as I am canning… I have not been good at that so far and then will post. I haven’t decided what recipe I want to use yet… I do hope it will be a good time 🙂

8. Eleenie
    Sep 15, 2012 @ 03:07:26

My friends have trees full of pears and they have said we can help ourselves to as many as we like so I will be attempting to can pears of my own soon, I’m really looking forward to it!