Improvements…

We have been painting some areas of the house as we noticed now that when we moved in we had not seen that there were 5 different yellow paints in two rooms and a hallway of the house. In an effort to be more uniform we have painted the hallway a new yellow color, the living room all the same yellow, and now we need to get the kitchen walls finished as they are all the same except 3 behind the fridge and beside the doorway out. We never noticed it as it was the same color as the hallway, but now it is noticeable as the hallway is a different yellow. I do not know what the woman was thinking when she had it painted this way, but it is more uniform now and a fresh coat of paint does the soul of a house good.

Chase helped us with some of the work. He inspected the painters tape…

Then watched and supervised as mommy and daddy painted…

At least now the hallway is one color, the living room one color, and the kitchen will be one color. All yellow, all different, but all the same in the same space 😉 My OCD brain feels much better 🙂

1. sagescenery
    Sep 09, 2012 @ 14:49:37

You’ve got a great supervisor there! Ha!

Maybe there was a discount on the paint if the lady took what was left over in each shade of yellow!! Ha, again!

Sep 09, 2012 @ 21:01:00

I think you were right she got whatever was left over… not good for me 😦

• sagescenery
        Sep 11, 2012 @ 22:41:58

But good for blogging, because those of us who are a little older remember that some folks…more in the past than now…put different colored carpet in each room of the house, too!

So then people like you come along to renovate and improve!! Well done!!

Sep 13, 2012 @ 10:42:58

Funny you said that when hubby and I were first married we lived in his Grandmother’ home that had different colored carpet in every room. I thought it was crazy then it grows on you 😉

• sagescenery
        Sep 13, 2012 @ 13:22:20

Funny…how lots of things “grow on” us as we get older…I guess we get tired of fighting the small stuff…we’re so busy handling the big stuff! Amen!

Love hearing about your house!!

Sep 13, 2012 @ 19:12:25

I’m glad you like the updates and I agree as you get older you learn to only fight the important issues.

2. rigmover
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 05:54:29

Cool dog.

3. tchistorygal
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 07:57:51

I thought for sure you were going say that Chase was helping paint with his tail. When I painted the fence, Mama Kitty kept coming too close with her tail. Fortunately she didn’t put her tail on other surfaces!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )