Zoobalicious

So I knew my 200th post was coming up and I have been waiting to find something good to post about. My lovely hubby suggested I wait until after my birthday weekend as he was taking me somewhere for the day as a surprise. He told me I would have some good photos after and he was right. Friday night he took me to the Kennedy Center to see War Horse (very good show) and then Saturday my mom and her husband came and joined us for my surprise… a day at the Washington DC Zoo.

I have two favorite animals Red Pandas…

And Otters… There were a lot of new cute new babby otters.

Baby Otters

There were a lot of animals out and I got to take a lot of photos (more to come). They have improved things at the zoo including more space for the animals and more educational things for the kids.

We even got to see the momma panda that just lost her cub. She was munching on some bamboo and seemed to be happy 🙂

They even had some meerkat babies too, but they were so fast and moving I couldn’t get a good photo except of the mom. My birthday time and weekend was great fun, smiles, and joy at getting to be at the zoo and relaxing. The Kennedy Center was enjoyable too… I am blessed to have a hubby and family who can plan things for my birthday that are things I love so much 🙂

1. little poppits
    Nov 11, 2012 @ 17:38:26

Amazing pictures! Happy birthday and congrats on having such a gorgeous blog. X

2. doublebhomestead
    Nov 11, 2012 @ 21:09:06

Happy Birthday. Looks like a good zoo and looks like you had a fun weekend.

Nov 11, 2012 @ 21:13:54

Thank you… we did have a fun weekend… haven’t done that much fun in one weekend in a very long time… its usually filled with chores and stuff 😉

3. Jennifer
    Nov 11, 2012 @ 21:42:17

Happy birthday and glad it was a wonderful weekend 🙂

4. Ter
    Nov 11, 2012 @ 22:38:24

Happy birthday & congrats on 200!

5. lodgehousebandbsomerset
    Nov 12, 2012 @ 05:02:20

Belated Happy Birthday and loved the photos especially the red pandas

6. Jo Ann
    Nov 12, 2012 @ 07:40:40

You are blessed indeed. I grew up in the suburbs of Washington went to the DC National Zoo several times as a child. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos.

Nov 12, 2012 @ 18:39:55

We don’t get there often as we are a couple hours away. The last time I went was about 10 years ago and then a couple times as a kid. It is always fun. I love the zoo no matter which one I get to go to 🙂 I am so happy you like the photos… more to come 🙂

Nov 12, 2012 @ 08:40:52

Beautiful pictures, Happy Birthday and congrats on your 200th post (Love your blog)