Some of my favorite things (from the past few weeks)…

I was looking over my photos I got downloaded and saw a few that made me happy so I thought I would share. So if you don’t know my birthday was a few weeks back and hubby took me to see War Horse at the Kennedy Center. I loved the ceilings of our theater…

I thought they look like the palace of a king and made me feel special on my birthday.

This past week was the American holiday Thanksgiving and I made a feast for my hubby, Dad, Mother/father in-law.

I know the turkey is missing but hubby was carving it while I took this photo. This year we carved it off the table and served it on a platter to reduce mess and make it easier for hubby. The meal was delicious according to the family and included many American traditional holiday things… green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, gravy, cranberry sauce, and stuffing (made my own with veggies and sausage)… and some of my creations garlic cheddar mashed potatoes andΒ onion cheddar popovers πŸ™‚ Β All gluten-free except the stuffing (but I know how to make gluten-free kind πŸ˜‰ ).

Then for dessert gluten-free pumpkin pie and gluten-free chocolate peanut butter pie πŸ™‚

Nothing fancy… just delicious and traditional πŸ™‚

Finally we were out working in the yard and Chase was playing hide and seek with us… can you see him?

1. Jnana Hodson
    Nov 26, 2012 @ 22:45:15

That ceiling looks pretty fantastic upside-down, too. Kinda like a fancy dinner table all its own.
    (Upside-down doesn’t seem to work quite the same with the dinner table, though.)
    Maybe it’s just getting late on my end. Thanks for sharing the happiness.

Nov 27, 2012 @ 01:16:44

Chase is so cute, we can barely see him there!

3. P. C. Zick
    Nov 27, 2012 @ 09:31:22

Thanks for sharing – nice holiday traditions.

4. Correna
    Nov 27, 2012 @ 10:01:47

Yep, i can see him!! Great pictures, glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. We did too. Love your pics again!

Nov 27, 2012 @ 20:36:08

You are so kind… It was so funny when Chase was hiding he kept poping up to see if we saw him and if we said anything or looked he would slink back down πŸ˜‰ Hope you had a nice thanksgiving if you celebrate it πŸ™‚

5. adaisygarden
    Nov 27, 2012 @ 19:05:26

Everything sounds delicious. I’m hungry. πŸ™‚

6. sleepinghorse
    Nov 30, 2012 @ 14:47:00

Your pies look so good. I find gluten free pies so very difficult to make. I am going to attempt a pistachio chocolate cream pie this weekend.

Nov 30, 2012 @ 16:57:17

I hav not found a problem making them especially ones that don’t have flour in the filling. I just try to follow the recipe and add a little more baking powder if needed. The crust I make is not that hard and the peanut butter chocolate pie I made I got found gluten free oreo type cookies to use and all I had to do was crush them add a little melted butter to help it stick and bake for a few before filling. Hope that helps πŸ™‚ A pistachio chocolate cream pie sounds so good… I love pistachio. Let me know how it goes. πŸ™‚