Winter Barn…

One of the roads hubby and I drive on when we just need to get out and drive has this old barn on it. I am not sure what it is about it, but it appeals to my old-time senses. I just can imagine all the crops, animals, people, and season it has seen. What stories it must hold 🙂 It just gives me hope that somewhere there is a farm out there for hubby and I and maybe one day we will be looking at our own barn and thinking of all the memories it holds 🙂

1. Judy
    Nov 29, 2012 @ 21:58:55

Oh, I do love an old barn. We have one, and I am transported every time I walk into it to do chores. My grandparents had a barn and now we have a barn – it is a wonderful thing and the memories enrich your soul.

2. marysmemories
    Nov 30, 2012 @ 02:49:10

Lovely thoughts

3. Animalcouriers
    Nov 30, 2012 @ 03:51:49

It is lovely but that right-hand corner looks very vulnerable!

4. Jo Ann
    Nov 30, 2012 @ 07:53:46

I love old barns too. It really makes me happy when I see and old barn that has fallen into disrepair getting repairs so it will last another 50 or 100 years.

5. tchistorygal
    Nov 30, 2012 @ 12:36:13

We used to drive around the midwest countryside, and when we would see an old barn or building, the family joke was, “There’s a shop for Grandpa,” who was looking for a place to put his cutter grinder equipment. I know you will get your own barn someday. BTW, I nominated you for a Blog of the Year 2012 award. http://wp.me/p2jC Congratulations! Thanks for being one of my first blogging friends. Enjoy the holidays. 🙂

6. mjeanpike
    Nov 30, 2012 @ 19:11:20

Love the post and the photo. I was attracted by the title, because there is a children’s book by that same name, WINTER BARN. I read it to my son many, many times when he was small. Thanks for a lovely memory, and I hope some day you get your own “winter barn!”

7. Chancy and Mumsy (Mag)
    Dec 01, 2012 @ 13:32:49

Oh, my goodness I love this….I really do love old barns and pictures of them. This is a fabulous picture. Hugs