Cooking Kindness…

Today I took some cookies to work and saw how happy it made those I served them to. It put a smile on people’s faces even if they didn’t want a cookie they were happy to be included in the offer. When I got home and was making dinner hubby asked for some cupcakes…

So I made some gluten-free chocolate cupcakes for hubby… normal size…Big Cupcakes

Then I made some extra mini cupcakes to take to work tomorrow…ย Small cupcakesThe recipe I used is from one of my Grandmother’s church cookbook that they put together every once in a while with all the ladies recipes. Needless to say the recipe was not originally gluten-free but I made it that way.

Hubby’s Favorite Chocolate Cupcakes

3/4 cups shortening

2 eggs (from your own chickens is best ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

2 cups sugar

1 1/2ย tsp vanilla

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp xanthumย gum (only if you use gluten-free flourย that doesn’t have it in it. If you don’tย use gluten-free flour you don’t need this.)

1/2 cup coco powder

1 cup white riceย flour

1 1/2 cups brown rice flour

1/4 tsp sea salt

1 cup boiling water

To make:

Combine shortening, eggs, and sugar until well mixed.

Add milk, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ย and xanthum gum. Mix well.

Add coco and flour. Stir until combined.

Add in boiling water slowly combining as you go.

Bake at 350* for 30 minutes for big cupcakes and 20-25 for mini ones until toothpick comes out clean from center of cupcake.

Cool and ice with your favorite icing. gf cooking 001

Other ideas: I thought adding a little cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger would be nice about 1/2 tsp at most. Also insted of the 1 cup boiling water use 1/2 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup hot coffee.

Try and enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Anne
    Dec 12, 2012 @ 20:52:22

Chocolate is always good! My girls love to bake, and it brings big smiles to my crew of guys at the feed yard when I bring the goodies to work to share. Nothing says you care like yummy home made treats!

2. Rejoice For The Day
    Dec 12, 2012 @ 21:29:51

They look delicious. I noticed you changed your header picture, and there is snow in it. ๐Ÿ™‚ It looks so pretty.

Dec 12, 2012 @ 22:59:47

Thanks for noticing ๐Ÿ™‚ That was taken last Christmas season as we have not had snow yet this year… but I wanted the header to reflect the season changes and finally got around to it ๐Ÿ™‚ Hubby said the cupcakes were delicious ๐Ÿ™‚

Dec 13, 2012 @ 01:43:13

You are so kind! ๐Ÿ™‚ home made treats are always my favorites !!! ๐Ÿ™‚ last evening I baked some sugar cookies for my neighbor, she’s leaving for her country house until January! So wanted to give her a little gift before she leaves! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll post the recipe soon too! ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for sharing this! We love cupcakes here! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. homesteadredhead
    Jan 28, 2013 @ 21:08:53

Thank you for sharing…I love cooking gluten free!

Jan 29, 2013 @ 08:20:18

Yes it is nice there are more thing available to be able to cook gluten free ๐Ÿ™‚ I am trying to post more gluten free recipies so check back ๐Ÿ™‚