Sadness in the week of kindness…

So this week was supposed to be about kindness and what we can do to show kindness…. But tonight I am full of sadness after the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT shooting. My mind is spinning once again and I am moved to tears after hearing all of those little kids and teachers who lost their lives at the hands of a young 20 year-old person who for an unknown reason took other’s lives in his own hands and felt he had the right to do what he did. I feel sad for the families who lost their child or children. After going through all we have and not being blessed with a child yet, I can not imagine loosing my child… thinking of it makes me cry more. If you know anyone affected by this you are in my prayers and so are the families of those 600-some kids and the staff of that school.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Still as I watch the news and all the special reports on this tragedy… I see kindness in the way people support each other, the way the first responders act/speak/lead… God bless.

1. Gallivanta
    Dec 14, 2012 @ 23:11:20

Yes, it is good to see the kindness too.

2. cassmob
    Dec 15, 2012 @ 03:35:17

It is truly a terrible time for everyone -my heart goes out to the families and community. It seems to be close-knit which may help them.

Dec 16, 2012 @ 21:12:40

I agree and I hope people pray for them for a long time as it will ba a long time for them to begin healing. I also hopes it helps the rest fo us be greatful and kind. 🙂

3. The Working Momaholic
    Dec 15, 2012 @ 09:08:54

As a teacher and a mom, I am heartbroken. It’s unimaginable to me why someone would do this.

Dec 16, 2012 @ 21:11:31

I can not either… it is unimaginable to me as I love kids so much. I just pray God will use this to make thing better if he can and will comfort those who mourn.

4. sagescenery
    Dec 15, 2012 @ 09:57:09

Thank you for this post!! Well said! Light will always triumph over darkness! I too am saddened and praying… As one who endured 10 years of medical roller coaster rides to have my son…I want to hug my son…my gift from God…even closer! Please keep praying for your gift from God…He is good and He is faithful! I’m praying for you!
    Thank you, also for not giving up on kindness!

Dec 16, 2012 @ 21:10:21

Wow that is a lot to go though… I am glad you can hug your son 🙂 Every child is a gift from God. I pray many times daily as it is my comfort. Thank you for your prayers I really apperciate them. 🙂

5. Mary K. Doyle
    Dec 15, 2012 @ 11:04:41

God bless you too.

6. Eleenie
    Dec 16, 2012 @ 06:58:50

I agree, it’s such a tragic loss of life, and such young life too. I can’t even begin to imagine how I would deal with this situation if this were my family. My hearts and prayers go out to all involved.

Dec 16, 2012 @ 21:07:33

I feel horable and find as I go though my day I keep thinking how those parents and families won’t be baking cookies, listening to carols, etc as they are in such deep sadness. I pray for them many times during the day as well as for the survivors.

Dec 17, 2012 @ 16:09:27

beautiful words, It’s Monday and I still can’t talk about this, is too painful, just saw those babies faces on Katie’s show and is too painful to see

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w