So I wanted to find a chilli recipe that was a little lighter and didn’t require beef. So I looked and found a white bean turkey chilli recipe and made it my own… so here is Chases Chilli
You will need:
2 sticks of celery chopped into small cubes
2 whole carrots chopped into small cubes
2 medium onions (any kind I like red or sweet white) chopped into small cubes
6 cloves of garlic chopped
1 lb (or so) of ground turkey
2 cans of Cannellini beans
28 oz diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups water
pepper and salt
4 green onions
1. In a large pot over medium heat add olive oil and saute onions, celery, carrots, and garlic until tender.
2. Add in ground turkey and cook with veggies until turkey is browned and cooked.
3. Add in 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp pepper and salt, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp chilli powder, 1 tbsp smoked paprika, 2 tsp thyme, 2 tsp oregano.
4. Add tomatoes and stir untill pot is at a simmer. Add 1 cups water if tomatoes don’t have enough.
5. Add in additional spices to taste. I added 1/2 tbsp of smoked paprika, 1/2 tbsp chilli powder, 1/2 tbsp pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.
6. Add in Cannellini beans and last 1/2 cup of water to make sure all the ingredients are covered (if needed).
7. Put a lid on the pot a simmer on low heat, untill the beans are warm or until you are ready to eat. Stil occassionaly.
8. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, and green onions on top 🙂
Other tips and tricks :
You can add in cumin, tamarack, or use regular paprika.
You can use any type of cheese, I use colby monterey jack.
You can use ground chicken if you want instead of turkey.
Instead of water you can add vegetable or chicken stock (adjust your spices accordingly). Add the liquid as needed to keep the ingredients covered.
Looks yummy and taste good.
It is very good and has a unique chilli flavor I think. If you try it let me know how you like it 🙂
Chases Chilli looks delicious and easy to prepare too !!! 😉 hum! love sour cream!
It is you should try it. The lat time I made it we had kidos over and they loved it 🙂 (You can use as much sour cream as you want 😉 )
I’m a big fan of chilli but not this time of the year. I had you booked mark in my blog favorites and just rediscovered you. I’m glad I did, it’s always a pleasure to connect with someone that I hadn’t connected with for awhile. Hope all is well.
I am glad you came back. I hope you have been well 🙂 We don’t do many soups/stews/chili’s this time of year either, but I love to make them to store in the freezer for the winter while I have fresh onions, garlic, and peppers from the garden. Hope you keep coming back I love my followers especially if they can get ideas (and I can get ideas from them ) 🙂