Funny chickens…

One of the “ladies” enjoying the last of the snow…

Snow chkn

I think they like to eat the snow for water rather then drinking all the fresh water we had out for them… Funny chickens 🙂

1. TheFathersCreations
    Jan 14, 2013 @ 22:52:35

These ladies are funny! Are they for their eggs and/or eating too? I am such an animal lover I don’t think I could every raise any kind of animal or fowl and eat it! I guess I would become a vegetarian! As long as I don’t know it personally I will eat it without batting an eye, but….:)

Jan 15, 2013 @ 22:16:20

They are for eggs mostly… not sure what we will do when they stop laying, but for now just eggs. I was raised on a semi farm with chickens and goats (occassional cow or pig my uncle had and my other uncle had cows) so I learned you eat some of your animals, but as an adult I am trying to figure out what I think about it. Some animals are easier not to get attached to then others 😉

2. GullringstorpGoatGal
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 03:09:17

Hej from Sweden!
    That’s so cute. We have a ton of snow again and when I go in to check on the chickens, they started to peck at the snow left by my boots. I decided to take a bowl from the stable and just scoop up snow for them to eat inside their cozy home . They all enjoy it!

3. marysmemories
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 03:39:55

Maybe it has ‘stuff’ in it that is good for them. My dog likes drinking from streams and puddles.But she will drink ‘tap’ water

4. little poppits
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 05:19:22

gorgeous picture! my chooks HATED the snow and just would not go near it. I guess it didn’t help that the kids were throwing snowballs! x

5. Judy
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 07:36:09

They are funny. Ours won’t step out if they even see snow. Good thing their run is covered or they wouldn’t come out until May up here.

Jan 15, 2013 @ 22:10:34

Our run is covered too in the winter. Our ladies love the rain (as long as it isn’t too hard). They are learning to figure out snow and other weather 😉

6. Chancy and Mumsy (Mag)
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 13:42:33

It seems your chickens got that snow all figured out and enjoyed it. Love the picture. Your chickens look healthy and happy. Hugs

Jan 15, 2013 @ 22:08:18

I think they do as long is there a path so they have a choice if they want to walk on the snow or not 😉 We try to keep our ladies happy and healthy… happy birds more eggs 😉

Jan 15, 2013 @ 14:10:24

she is so pretty! 🙂

8. sagescenery
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 17:34:03

I’m getting to really love chickens from your posts!! She’s beautiful!!

9. Granny
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 19:19:25

Thank you for stopping by our blog earlier today. Glad to have found you. I enjoy the focus on images. This demands that we stop and savor the moment, as you do. Lovely blog.

10. little poppits
    Jan 16, 2013 @ 14:42:58

i’ve managed to snap a yellow tit to show you, it’s as good as it gets here! x

11. daddystractor
    Jan 16, 2013 @ 15:38:29

She’s a lovely lady! My girls aren’t fond of stepping in the snow (they need a tramped down path) but I think they must eat/drink it because their water seems to stay the same height all day long!

12. Trackback: Weekend Highlights – Noteworthy Articles by Fellow Bloggers – January 19, 2013 « Granny's Parlour

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )