Snowy Calm

The chickens were getting braver today in the snow and ventured out to see what they could eat. chkn snow

It was such a pretty day. After a little more heavy snow this morning, this afternoon the snow was falling softly and it was so calming to see. Once hubby got home we cleared the driveway, provided the chickens with fresh food and water, and hauled in some more wood for a fire tonight. One time today the snow was falling so lightly and a cardinal flew across the back yard. It was just a great moment, the bright red of the bird against the white snow and green trees 🙂 Hope you got to experience some beauty today in your life 🙂

1. Lisa
    Jan 26, 2013 @ 20:59:05

Love all your photos! Good luck with your farm goals too. It seems we are two peas in a pod with our country lives, 2 dogs, and like of building a fire at night in the winter. 🙂 I look forward to following along with you.

Jan 27, 2013 @ 18:51:45

We do inded have simier things in common 🙂 I enjoyed your blog and the country life you live 🙂 I hope someday we can have a farm and live the real country life as you do 🙂 I also look forward to your future posts 🙂

2. Karen @ Into My Window
    Jan 26, 2013 @ 23:32:39

Your gratitude for life and simple joys shines through your words. I enjoyed very much :).
    -Karen

Jan 27, 2013 @ 19:43:06

so pretty your brave chickens 🙂

4. Erin's DC Kitchen
    Jan 28, 2013 @ 10:54:25

I’ve been loving your wintery photos lately!

5. Laura Rittenhouse
    Jan 30, 2013 @ 18:57:48

I love this photo – what beautiful birds!