Enjoying the Snow…

I just love the snow…Snow

Yesterday we had snow flurries all day. It was so relaxing and calming. I needed a calming day and I sure got it. Some of the day it was snowing so much it was hard to see and then it would slow down and big flakes would float to the ground so peacefully.  I got a chance to slow down and get things done like baking, cooking, and chores that I was behind on.

I even got a chance to take the dogs for a nice long walk in the snow…Chase face snow

During the walk it was so quiet you could hear everything so clearly… the crunch of the snow, the rustle of the dogs and my jackets, the birds, the trees rustling…Bax snow face

Even the chickens came out for a bit and explored the snow when it was just light flurries…Chkn snowThe day was also not too cold as the wind had stopped and it made it easier to be outside:) It left a little snow on the ground for today which was pretty. Since I finally got my new tires on the car today I am ready for any more snow that may come now 🙂

1. the blonde gardener
    Feb 04, 2013 @ 21:53:19

I’m jealous! We haven’t any snow at all this year!

2. GullringstorpGoatGal
    Feb 05, 2013 @ 06:26:41

Hej from Sweden!

We had the same kind of snowy day here at Gullringstorp. It came as a bit of a surprise as we were expecting rain. Max and I took our walk around our property and were back in the house just in time. There was so much wind with our snow that it wasn’t so pleasant to be out in. Our goats stayed in as did our chickens.
    It was lovely to watch from all the windows however.
    Glad you had a peaceful day!

Feb 06, 2013 @ 20:53:24

The wind has been the worst part here… so cold. But this day it was nice and not windy 🙂 It is nice to watch from the window… glad you and the pup got a walk in before your snow show from your window 🙂

3. PJ
    Feb 05, 2013 @ 14:54:36

Your dogs are the cutest! I’m glad that you enjoyed your relaxing day x

Feb 06, 2013 @ 12:32:03

In the first picture everything looks so calm and your dogs are gorgeous !

Feb 06, 2013 @ 21:00:05

they are! they look adorable and calm! 🙂

6. melissa
    Feb 07, 2013 @ 12:15:56

How happy those pups look in the snow!