Have You Seen This… Blind dog and his Best Friend

I had to share this little gem of a find. Hubby showed it to me the other day and instantly I thought of my two boys. Not because Baxter is blind, but because these two pups look so much like my Baxter and Chase and I know my Chase would do anything for his big brother… You know how some people say we all have a twin in the world that looks like us… It is kind of cool as it seems Baxter and Chase have twins in the world too.Blind dog n friend

Hubby found this story and photo on http://now.msn.com/blind-dog-friends-with-terrier-helps-him-to-walk-and-see

It seems the black lab (like Baxter)Β is loosing his sight and his friend a terrier (like Chase) is now his eyes and is with the black lab 24/7 leading him around. You can check out the link for the whole story. It makes me smile and cry as it is so wonderful to see kindness like this… we humans could learn a lesson from these two πŸ™‚ Giving and accepting help are both wonderful gifts πŸ™‚

1. Judy@grandparentsplus2
    Mar 09, 2013 @ 07:58:16

Good story to start the weekend. Thank you for sharing.

2. Animalcouriers
    Mar 09, 2013 @ 10:09:20

It’s a glorious story! Thanks for sharing.

3. bethanylarae
    Mar 09, 2013 @ 11:46:10

How sweet!!!!

Mar 11, 2013 @ 03:05:51

oh! so beautiful, I will go and read the story right now! πŸ™‚ (they do look like Baxter and Chase) wow!

5. Anne
    Mar 11, 2013 @ 21:38:19

Matt and I have now had 2 blind dogs in our 20 years together (both Labradors with retinol atrophy), and we have seen this happen at our house as well. The “other dog” helps to guide and lead the blind dog. It is truly a beautiful thing to watch. We lost our first blind dog to old age (she lived to be 13) about 7 years ago, and our second one is still begging for belly rubs next to my chair as I type this.

Dogs are truly a blessing–they show us loyalty, love and pure joy. Thanks for sharing.

Anne

Mar 12, 2013 @ 20:26:55

I didn’t know that about you. I love Labs they are so loyal and kind πŸ™‚ I agree dogs are a blessing… you know Dog spelled backwards is God πŸ˜‰ I am glad you enjoyed the post and I am always happy to see you comment. Keep up the belly rubs πŸ™‚