Week by Week Growth of Baby Chicks

For those of you who have been following my chicks growth I thought I would share the past couple weeks in photos so you can see how they really grow fast.

To start here they are at about 3-4 days old…Chick week 1

Then here they are at about a week and a day…4 chicks week 1

And finally here they are today at two weeks and two days…4 chicks week 2

It is amazing how fast their wings are coming in… some faster than others. They are getting more active and trying to fly, scratch, and explore. They are getting new things to explore each day. Today they got some cut flowers to check out that I had on the table and it was time to change out. Now they had no slime or anything bad on them, they were mostly dried out and ready to be tossed. Instead the baby chicks got them in their box to check out. They really seemed to like pecking at the dried flower and stem. I am glad we raise chicks… it is a great way to get outside of your own head and focus on helping something grow. It is a nice feeling and I am glad we have the space and time to devote to good animal care. This includes thinking outside of the box and giving the girls something new and safe to explore each day 🙂 Happy Wednesday 🙂

1. afarmingartist
    Mar 28, 2013 @ 09:53:44

Sweet as can be.

Mar 28, 2013 @ 09:53:54

WOW, in the third picture you can really see the wings! It’s amazing the progress they’ve made your ladies! I think you are very lucky to have them and to see them grow; it must be beautiful taking care of them! 🙂 Happy Thursday to you!

Mar 28, 2013 @ 21:59:47

I know their wings are growing like crazy… I can’t believe it 🙂 I am lucky to be able to have chicks and care for them well as they grow 🙂 Happy Thursday 🙂

3. Correna
    Mar 28, 2013 @ 11:07:03

I have been really enjoying your journey with your chicks. They are so adorable and you have a wonderful way of telling their story. Thanks for sharing.

Mar 28, 2013 @ 21:58:49

So happy you enjoy the posts and the chicks progress 🙂 I am trying to tell the story of a growing chick well and learn with others as I go. I am really trying to focus on good animal care and help other’s to do the same. Thanks for the comment 🙂

4. sagescenery
    Mar 28, 2013 @ 13:45:10

Your baby chicks and your photos are beautiful!! Love the background of the gorgeous flowers!! Reminds me that growing up in suburbia…we would at Easter time get baby chicks or baby ducklings to love…so much better, though, that you know how to raise them and take care of them! God is an awesome Creator!! Have a very Blessed Easter!

5. daddystractor
    Mar 28, 2013 @ 15:53:34

Mind if I link to this?

6. joevalley1
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 23:22:37

Adorable! 🙂 🙂 🙂

7. julz
    Jun 14, 2015 @ 23:26:48

just following your like with my like – smile –
    we have both been following the growth of our chicks – fun isn’t it!