Honking at me…

Hubby and I were out and I finally had my camera when we went by the train tracks… and a train was coming.TrainI stuck my head out the window to get a good shot and the train conductor gave me a few sounds of his whistle… then he waved 🙂 I couldn’t catch him waving in a picture, but it made me smile. Since I was little I have loved trains and just love to watch them come down the track, imagine what is inside the box cars, and think of where the train is headed.Train tacks

It is a good childhood memory that still gets me excited… every time I see a train coming down the tracks 😉 Where are your tracks leading?

1. Charu's Musings
    Apr 05, 2013 @ 20:22:20

The joy is in the journey. Good Luck with your dreams!

2. Jennifer
    Apr 05, 2013 @ 20:29:04

We don’t have trains here per se, so whenever we see one there is that little frisson of excitement. Love the photos. 🙂

Apr 06, 2013 @ 09:26:01

Yes trains do bring a sense of excitement when you see one. I am so happy you enjoyed the photos. We have a few different types of trains that come through this particular area and I like the ones that carry cargo best 🙂

3. Judy@grandparentsplus2
    Apr 05, 2013 @ 21:04:18

I use to travel on the train from NY to NH to see my grandparents when I was very little. I remember a gum machine they had and you put pennies in to get the flat Chicklet type gum. That was so much fun. We actually have a train station in town and we can head south to Boston or north to maine. Pretty neat.

Apr 06, 2013 @ 09:24:54

Oh I remember those machines. We had one in our local drug store. It was a very old fashioned drug store with the soda bar, snacks, and little shop. I miss those. The train ride sounds like fun… what a great memory 🙂

4. Anne
    Apr 06, 2013 @ 10:36:12

When Megan and I ride our horses down at our pasture ground, the semi trucks honk at us as they drive by on the interstate. It always makes Megan laugh!

Glad to hear that the sun is out and spring is in the air!

Anne

5. michelleatplay
    Apr 06, 2013 @ 11:37:42

There’s a sweet melancholy to watching trains. Thanks for the reminder!

6. Correna
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 10:44:29

Hi, I don’t know how I missed this post in my email last week, but I just came across it. On our way to church we have to go over train tracks, but last week we had to stop and wait for the train, it goes through pretty much daily but I never get to see it very much, I love trains too. Last week we had to wait from the beginning and Scott and I counted the cars, there were 80 including 2 engines, they were all cargo. We reminisced too, about how the kids used to put pennies on the tracks to flatten them, course we know better now. But it was neat! Thanks

Apr 12, 2013 @ 20:10:30

Its ok… I miss things all the time 😉 Your trains sound cool too 🙂 80 cars is a great train watching time 🙂 I remember the pennies… that as neat 🙂