A Purple Tree Day

The trees in our front yard are so pretty when they bloom. This purple flower tree is one of my favorites and today gave me a smile as I had to go back to work and was still sick (about 80%).  Purple TreeWhen I see the tree it makes me hopeful and happy. It makes me think of a simpler time, a time when the world was not worried about ‘global’ warming, and you could lay on the grass staring up at flowers on a tree and not worry 🙂 With so much going on in hubby’s and my life it is nice to think of simpler things and beautiful things. It is nice to see a tree blooming in all its glory and enjoying a part of God’s beauty. My mom comes up for the weekend tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I hope the weather will not be as bad as they say… if it is we will make the best of it. Happy pre-weekend 🙂

1. myfoodandflowers
    May 09, 2013 @ 23:35:24

Yes, redbud is pretty!

2. victoriaaphotography
    May 09, 2013 @ 23:47:36

What a beautiful tree – thanks for sharing.
    No wonder you feel good looking at it.

3. Judy @ GrandparentsPlus2
    May 10, 2013 @ 06:23:07

It is kind of gray, damp and misty here in NH right now but we need the moisture so I’m not complaining. Have a great weekend!

4. Topher
    May 10, 2013 @ 07:56:08

The colour is amazing, very vibrant purple. Do you know what kind of tree it is?

5. Chancy and his cats
    May 10, 2013 @ 09:05:30

Beautiful!!

6. Correna
    May 10, 2013 @ 09:51:49

I pray you feel 100% better and have a great weekend with your mom! I want a purple tree too!!! Mine are white and yes flowering trees are beautiful and remind me of simple times too. Have a happy day!

May 10, 2013 @ 18:37:38

Thank you I hope I do too 🙂 You should get a redbud tree too. They are not too expensive (you can get a good sized one for about 35-45 $) and they are easy to plant. We have white flowering trees too an they are pretty too 🙂 You have a happy weekend 🙂