Turkey Talk

We had a visitor the other day that drove the dogs nuts…. Turkey 2A turkey was running down our back road and dodging in and out of our yard and the woods across the road. The dogs were barking and we couldn’t see why until the turkey darted out from behind a tree . He/she proceeded to then cross the road as I came out with camera in hand… (I promise I was quiet ๐Ÿ˜‰ )Turkey 1He/or she made it to the other side right as our neighbor came down the road…Turkey 3The dogs were not satisfied until the turkey was well into the woods and out ofย site. Theyย then settled back down to continue the nap the turkey had interrupted ๐Ÿ™‚

1. GullringstorpGoatGal
    May 26, 2013 @ 16:50:45

Hej from Sweden!
    Oh he is so cute! Next time you see him please send him to our place for a visit. I will make sure he comes back to you.

2. vermontfarmheart
    May 26, 2013 @ 22:11:28

Great pictures! I love watching turkeys in our back fields!

May 27, 2013 @ 19:38:55

Do you get a lot? We see them around here and there and hear them calling, but to actually see one out of the woods is rare for us. Glad you liked the photo ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Naturelostandfound
    May 27, 2013 @ 09:17:23

I have never ever seen a Wild Turkey! My friend in Utah says they’re everywhere! Awesome photo opportunity ๐Ÿ™‚

May 27, 2013 @ 19:36:33

We don’t get many around here that come out of the woods long enough to be seen. You can here them off and on, but sightings are rare. Glad you liked the photo ๐Ÿ™‚

May 27, 2013 @ 12:50:58

oh! love the pictures of the turkey! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m sure the dogs where surprised and wonder why the turkey was there! ๐Ÿ™‚ hope you are having a good day! ๐Ÿ™‚

May 27, 2013 @ 19:35:38

Yes we don’t get many brave turkeys that show their face around here. They mostly hid in the woods. I am sure the dogs would have gone right after the turkey had they not been inside ๐Ÿ˜‰