Appreciation in Moments of Time…

I was talking with a friend today at lunch and we got on the subject of appreciation and time. We were discussing how hard it is to find time to do things, yet when it comes  to people and our animals one rule stands true…. Chase face

You will never regret a moment spent with someone you love. but will regret any moment you chose not to because you are in a rush, have a perceived more pressing need, are in a bad mood. etc.

Looking back I have never regretted a time when I stopped to give the dogs an extra pat or love, hubby a kiss, or answer a phone call from a friend. No matter how busy I get if I remember that my job will be there for me to do 5 minutes from now, or that pot on the stove will do just fine on low heat… I will have my priorities straight and appreciate the love that is right in front of me. I challenge you this week to stop and take those extra moments to love the people and your pets that are right there waiting and appreciating every extra moment you give them. Let me know how it goes for you 🙂

AND… Happy Memorial Day! In memory and thankfulness to all of those fallen soldiers and their families for their sacrifice. Please pray for those who are currently serving for safety for them and their families as well as for the veterans and future service members… without these willing service members who knows where we would be 🙂

1. Annie Banannie
    May 27, 2013 @ 21:26:22

Season,
    Thank you for the reminder fuzzballs are more important than getting dinner done on time. Spending time with family is more important than running errands. I’m closing the computer right now to give my fuzzy kitteh a big hug. And a treatie. ❤

2. Anne
    May 27, 2013 @ 21:37:44

Great advice!

3. Wendy Quinn (and Scruffy Nellie the haggis dog)
    May 27, 2013 @ 21:42:14

Well said ….. knowing how to take time for what’s important is one of life’s overlooked skills…… as is the art of ‘doing nothing’: clearing your mind of worries and simply enjoying the wonder of being alive….

Thank you for another wonderful post (and gorgeous photo).

May 28, 2013 @ 21:08:08

I am so happy you liked it 🙂 I am trying to work on positive things and encourage others to do the same… I hope it will make us all happier in the long run 🙂 (I have a hard time ‘doing nothing’ but I am working to get better 🙂 )

May 27, 2013 @ 23:31:13

Happy Memorial day to you too! 🙂 Chase looking gorgeous again! 🙂 & yes, I will give this extra 5 minutes a try, no matter how busy! 🙂

May 28, 2013 @ 21:06:44

Chase let me do a photo shoot the other day… he is usually a good subject 😉 Let me know how it goes this week.. hey even if you don’t have 5 minutes 1 works well too 😉

5. Judy @ GrandparentsPlus2
    May 28, 2013 @ 05:36:46

Good challenge. If they want to take it one step further, try setting down your telephone and conversing with the people you are with or speaking to someone instead of posting it on Facebook. Now, I may have gone too far there. 🙂 Have a great week.

May 28, 2013 @ 21:05:54

I am against Facebook… I think people rely on it to tell too may people too much and it doesn’t foster real relationships or communication. It I good for families to keep up sometimes and see photos, but nothing replaces a phone call, face to face time, or texting if you are in a place you can’t be on the phone. What ever happened to a good old fashioned letter or card with a note 🙂 I think people hate me when I say I don’t have Facebook or believe in it. I think technology allows people to be lazy in their relationships…. now I probably have gone too far too 🙂

6. Garland
    May 28, 2013 @ 08:26:26

Really enjoy reading your Blog! Your photography is great!Must be Magic!
    Hope all is well.

7. Ray's Mom
    May 28, 2013 @ 15:33:19

I certainly agree with your thoughts on time and appreciation. God bless

8. Naturelostandfound
    May 29, 2013 @ 08:20:39

Oh This looks like our Scally! We just groomed her so she’s all silky now but all through the Winter she looks like this 🙂

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )