Father’s Day…

For the last couple of years while we have been trying to conceive mother’s and father’s days are a bitter sweet thing. We enjoy spending time with our parents, but also have a secret part of our heart that wants this day for us. Not for cards, or gifts, or selfish reasons…. but to know we have been blessed by God with a child. A precious child to raise and love. Now I guess that could be selfish, but I am hoping it is just a desire to be able to be a good parent. So today like the last two years our pups give “daddy” a card, I make hubby breakfast, let him choose what to do (when he is not working or gets off), and we end the day with a dinner of his choice. Tonight it was steak, potatoes, and broccoli… with strawberry cobbler for dessert ๐Ÿ™‚ Cobbler is one of hubby’s favorites and since I had strawberries in the fridge,ย it worked out well. I didn’t have to go to the store for anything as I had everything he wanted already in the freezer, fridge, or cupboard. It was easy prep and the mealย hubby said was great ๐Ÿ™‚Orange sunsetย  After dinner we watched the move “Courageous” on TV.ย Since it is father’s day, it ย is important to recognize, as the movie “Courageous” says, that good God basedย father’s are essential in a family structure. Without them so many kids go astray and are not disciplined or lead to be good people, good leaders, and good citizens. I see this every day in the work I do. There are also father’s out there that are doing a great job leading their families (and mother’s too) where the spouse has died, is ill, etc. So I applaud those fathers today and wish you a special blessing for all your hard work and dedication to the Lord. I only hope when hubby and Iย areย blessed with our own child we can join those of you who put the Lord first inย your families and lead by a Godly example. I wish you all (myย Dad too) a very Happy Father’s Day!

1. Judy @ GrandparentsPlus2
    Jun 17, 2013 @ 07:33:45

Hallmark advertises holidays to be something so special that most families cannot live up to those expectations. I think we all have to do what you chose to do – enjoying each day by thinking positive and doing the best with what you have at the time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jun 17, 2013 @ 14:48:18

I wish you the best and hope that God will give you a beautiful kid; a child but I guess for now you can only be patient. You both are sgreat parents to your beautiful pups and of course to your ladies! I love that your pups give their daddy a card! it’s very nice of you to think like this! very positive! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jun 18, 2013 @ 20:16:37

Thank you… your kind thoughts and wishes are always appreciated. We are being as patient as we can and praying for the right timing ๐Ÿ™‚ I appreciate you knowing we are being good puppy parents, we try hard to do right by all our animals ๐Ÿ™‚ It makes hubby happy when the pups give him a card so it is a must, he deserves to feel special ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope your hubby had a good fathers day ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Anne
    Jun 17, 2013 @ 21:40:35

Thinking of you all and praying that your greatest wish will come true. My daughters are such a beautiful blessing to Matt and I, and I pray that you all will one day know that blessing too.

Glad to hear that you celebrated with a steak ๐Ÿ™‚

Anne

Jun 18, 2013 @ 20:06:46

LOL.. hubby laughed when I read him your comment about the steak, he said to tell you he thought of you when he chose that for dinner ๐Ÿ˜‰
      Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. I am hopeful God will bring us a kiddo and we will be able to be as good of parents as you and your hubby are ๐Ÿ™‚ Your daughters are a blessing to so many people.. I know I enjoy hearing about them and seeing them smile at the wonderful life you have given them ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anne
        Jun 19, 2013 @ 13:49:12

I hope and pray for that for you all as well. Thank you for reading and sharing with our family–I always love to hear from you. I hope that the steak was from Nebraska ๐Ÿ™‚

Jun 24, 2013 @ 16:31:22

Hubby says it was so maybe from your place ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am happy we have out blogging friendship and hopefully someday can meet ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Ken
    Jun 18, 2013 @ 01:18:47

Your dad is glad to have such a good daughter.

5. sagescenery
    Jun 19, 2013 @ 23:11:14

Love the movie “Courageous!!” We did a drama to that song this year!! So now be courageous, and believe that God can give you the desires of your heart! He is a good God, and I pray He answers soon!!