Attempts in Faith

I often ask myself what is faith? Is it something we tell ourselves, something we feel, something we know, or something we are given? I am still exploring this through the word of God.Jesus

A friend of mine was of great encouragement in faith today and I am grateful to her. She constantly remind me that faith is just that.. faith… a belief we have in something/someone for a particular reason. We can feel it, know it, or talk about it depending on the situation. It is very hard to have faith when it seems everything is going wrong around you and your prayers don’t feel answered. Yet,Β I was reminded that is when we get to then practice our faith. That is still believing in whateverΒ “it” is despite the situation, circumstances, or negativity. I think that is the hardest part of faith… believing… especially when faced with previous disappointments. Still part ofΒ faith requires the belief despite the circumstances. Without that piece there is no faith only wandering. So with my friends support I will continue to work on my faith in our dreams and my God.

1. Anne
    Aug 16, 2013 @ 21:37:07

As I try to remind myself often — and blogged about a few weeks ago to help to remind myself πŸ™‚ — Feed the good wolf!

Keep the faith!
    Anne

Aug 17, 2013 @ 15:46:54

Yes I remember that post well, a good one πŸ™‚ I am keeping the faith. I just took this picture a few days ago and Faith popped into my head when I looked at it and the rest just kind of rolled out onto the screen πŸ™‚ It just occurred to me faith may take on different forms for different people and we all have a personal journey with it… I think that’s why I continue to believe and ‘feed the good wolf’ πŸ˜‰

2. Jennwith2ns
    Aug 16, 2013 @ 21:39:20

I have a Bible that translates “faith” as “trust.” I think this is helpful, because faith isn’t just believing something nebulous for the sake of believing something. It’s about trusting a personal God.

3. Mags Corner
    Aug 16, 2013 @ 22:04:55

This is a great post on faith. Hugs

4. Judy @ GrandparentsPlus2
    Aug 17, 2013 @ 07:08:06

Are you familiar with The Footprints Prayer? I think you might find comfort in it. http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/footprints-prayer.html

Aug 17, 2013 @ 15:42:05

Yes I am very familiar with that one. An oldie, but goodie πŸ˜‰ I know I have faith just wondering what form that takes for me as a believer and what it may take on for others πŸ™‚

Aug 17, 2013 @ 19:25:41

P.S. The site your reference I checked out… interesting collection of prayers they have, thanks for the link πŸ™‚

5. Homestead Dad
    Aug 19, 2013 @ 08:15:57

One of my favorite quotes on faith goes something like this,”You call for faith, I show you doubt to prove that faith exists. The greater the doubt, the stronger the faith I say, if faith overcomes doubt.” Reminds me that doubt can sometimes reinforce faith. Sometimes I wish I didn’t have so many opportunities to practice faith. πŸ™‚

Aug 19, 2013 @ 09:21:03

Thank you for that thought… that is something to keep in mind and think on. I appreciate it and agree I wish I didn’t have to ‘practice’ faith so much some days πŸ™‚

Aug 20, 2013 @ 20:11:11

yes, so true, it’s difficult when things are going wrong having faith; that’s when I try my best to keep believing πŸ™‚ (glad to know you have a great friend) πŸ™‚

Aug 20, 2013 @ 21:37:34

Yes, the more I find out about how my faith works and how God calls it to work the better I understand what is required of me as a believer. It also helps me have better faith through each trial even when it is hard. πŸ™‚ I do have a good friend πŸ™‚