Parrots of God

There is this place in Tennessee that is called Parrott Mountain. It’s way up on this mountain and the drive up is a little scary, but the trip is worth it. This whole park has rescued parrots and other types of birds in it. Parrotts

It was really cool as you could feed some of the parrots out of your hand…OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

There were all colors…OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Yellow…OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Red…OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Even in white…OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Big and small…Parrott lorne feed

You could even feed them out of these little nectar cups…OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  The nectar was warm and the little birds just loved it. We also got our photo with the birds all over us. This is the guy who put the birds on us… OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

All the birds on him ended up on us… our arms, hands, and shoulders. We bought a photo with the birds all over us, as 100% of the proceeds went to taking care of the birds. There also were all kinds of little parrots that were so cute… Parott multi

They had some interesting birds…ParottThe really cool thing about this place was there were mentions of God and Jesus all around this place in statues…TN Trip Sept 2013 184

rocks with Bible verses…TN Trip Sept 2013 185

and pretty water features…TN Trip Sept 2013 181

God was every where in this bird sanctuary. CrossIt was my favorite thing we did… horseback riding through the Smokey Mountain National Park almost tied it for first 😉 .

1. DebBee
    Nov 10, 2013 @ 19:32:46

What a fantastic place! We may to visit it some day … we are not far here in Southern Illinois. Very cool 🙂

2. marystreasurechest
    Nov 11, 2013 @ 03:35:16

What an amazing day out. The birds so colorful and tame.
    I’m afraid I’m too far away to visit this lovely place (in the U.K.)
    Thanks for sharing

3. Mags Corner
    Nov 11, 2013 @ 07:20:25

What an amazing and wonderful place that looks to be. I would love to visit there. Gorgeous birds! I really enjoyed all the pictures and this post. There are so many wonderful places I never heard of and I love getting to see them via friends blogs. Thank you so much for sharing this great place. Hugs

4. daddystractor
    Nov 11, 2013 @ 10:55:00

The Happy Birds T-shirt made me laugh! I’ll tuck this bit of knowledge away for future reference– what a fun trip!

Nov 19, 2013 @ 20:30:07

wow! what a wonderful place & your pictures are beautiful, you captured the beauty of the birds very well 🙂

6. GullringstorpGoatGal
    Nov 20, 2013 @ 15:22:38

Hej from Sweden!
    Thanks for liking my recent post!
    Welcome back anytime. Love your parrots!!