Uncle…

The snow has stuck around and the dreary weather has matched event’s of the last couple of days… I’m sad report hubbys uncle has passed away and happy he  is now with God. He has been fighting esophageal cancer for a while now and his fight is over. He was a wonderful man and a favorite uncle of ours. He was always quick with a joke, a smile, or tales of growing up on the farm. He was well loved and will be greatly missed.

Lamp

His viewing is tonight and funeral is tomorrow. I hope the icy weather holds off so they can do the funeral as planed.

1. lodgehousebandbsomerset
    Jan 05, 2014 @ 16:49:49

My condolences for your loss. My Father died last year and the funeral was just before Christmas. It is always more poignant at this time of year.

Jan 05, 2014 @ 21:22:28

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. It does put a change on the holidays. At least Uncle was able to hold on until after then new year and one of his last meals he was able to eat more then he had been (most of his favorite foods), which made the family happy. Thank you for your condolences.

2. Jennwith2ns
    Jan 05, 2014 @ 17:30:12

We had to drive through one of those for my grandmother’s funeral this week. I hope you can get there. Prayers are with you.

3. countrygirllifeonthefarm
    Jan 05, 2014 @ 18:38:28

So, so sorry for your loss! Prayers headed your way. Heaven is blessed with his smiles now.

Jan 05, 2014 @ 21:15:55

Thank you… prayers are always appreciated 🙂 Aunt was holding up, but I could tell she will never be the same. He will be greatly missed. The comfort of heaven is getting everyone through.

4. doublebhomestead
    Jan 05, 2014 @ 19:22:00

I’m sorry for your loss. Sweet Things Dad passed last month and the burial had to be canceled due to an ice storm. It made the whole situation more difficult fo everyone.

Jan 05, 2014 @ 21:14:49

I am sorry to hear about your father. I hope the ice storm doesn’t affect our funeral tomorrow at 10 AM. Thank you for your kindness and understanding. 🙂

5. newsferret
    Jan 05, 2014 @ 21:38:53

Please accept my condolences.

6. sagescenery
    Jan 05, 2014 @ 23:07:45

Praying for you and your hubby…but so much easier when you know you will see your loved one in Heaven…where they are young again, happy, healthy, and standing face to face with Jesus!! Sounds like he left quick a spiritual legacy for your family!!

7. Judy @ GrandparentsPlus2
    Jan 06, 2014 @ 07:37:57

Very sorry for your loss. Peace to you all who are dealing with your grief over a loss of a loved one.