Chase Swims

We are well into summer and since I’m feeling better from my recent surgery the doctor said I can try to get back into shape by waking some.  On a recent walk hubby and I took Chase to a park where he can swim.

image

Now Baxter will have nothing to do with swimming so he just stood by and watched.  But our boy Chase had a grand time being back in the water.

image

Hope your having a great summer.

1. countrygirllifeonthefarm
    Jul 25, 2015 @ 17:48:33

Hoping you’re back to 100% very soon! Praying for you!
    Rita

Jul 25, 2015 @ 17:50:47

Thank you. I’ve been out of work a month so hopefully I will get back to normal soon. Thanks for the prayers Rita I appreciate it.
      Hoping things ate well with you 🙂

2. Sableyes
    Jul 26, 2015 @ 13:27:19

Hope you get well soon! Lovely doggy 🙂

3. Anne
    Jul 28, 2015 @ 16:05:52

Kim,

I am so sorry to hear that you have had health challenges. They are always a trial. I hope that you are healing well and quickly. Love the pictures! Our dogs have always loved to swim and it makes me smile to watch 🙂

Ashley Grace and I were just talking about you the other day while working on her chicken run. Our laying ladies seem to really enjoy the periodic improvements that we make to their home.

Take care. Glad to hear that you are out and a bout. It is always good to get outdoors and enjoy the beauty.

Best,
    Anne

Jul 28, 2015 @ 18:25:51

Thanks Anne I’m healing but some post op infections have kept the healing at a much slower pace.
      It is so much fun to watch the dogs swim and play on the beach. Great smiles I agree. 🙂 The nice weather is a welcomed change but the humidity is coming back 😦 I’m glad I can get out more but will be happy when I can resume normal activities at home.
      I’m glad to hear Ashley Grace’s chickens are doing well. What improvements have y’all made to the chickens coop?
      Glad to hear from you. 🙂

• Anne
        Jul 28, 2015 @ 19:58:54

Oh, I feel for you. I have been in that circumstance and it is just a bummer. Heal fast! Sending prayers your way.

We enlarged the run so that the chickens had more room to play. We also filled in some holes and worked on the original part of the run. We still need to figure out a better watering system as the one that we have gets dirty so quickly. If you have any suggestions please pass them along!

Take care,
        Anne

Jul 28, 2015 @ 20:22:47

Thanks for the well wishes Anne. I appreciate them. 🙂
        We have a hanging water system in our coop. We got ours at the tractor supply store. It does a better job then the bucket kind. Still in the winter we have to use the heating bucket so we put it on a little platform where the girls can get up on the platform but it’s hard to kick stuff in. It’s just made out of plywood. We take it out in the summer and use the hanging water. They come in plastic or metal. Hope that helps.

Jul 28, 2015 @ 20:23:47

P.S. I’ve also seen some waters made out of PVC pipe. If I find a picture of one I’ll email it to you.

• Anne
        Jul 28, 2015 @ 21:22:41

That would be wonderful. Thank you!

Jul 28, 2015 @ 21:32:49

Will do 🙂

4. A Really Small Farm
    Aug 29, 2015 @ 02:06:04

He looks so much like a dog I once had.