My garden is starting to come in and I’m trying to find uses for all my baby orange tomatoes. So a couple nights ago I made this…
It’s my garden tomatoes with onion and avacado in a little light vinaigrette.
- Some kind of cherry tomatoes (I used some from my garden but if your buying from the store it will be a whole square package)
- 1/2 a Medium Onion
- 1 Avacado
- Viniger of your choice (I used Sweet Apple Viniger and Peach Viniger)
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and place in a bowl
- Cut onion into small chunks or piece add to the bowl with the tomatoes
- Add seasoning (salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder to taste)
- Add Viniger (I used about 4tbsp of each but I just eye ball it. I want it to cover about 1/2 the mixture for it to soak in.)
- Mix this up then add about 2tbsp EVOO and mix again
- Let sit in fridge about 30 minutes to 24hrs (I made this the night before for dinner the next night)
- Right before serving dice up the avacado and mix that in gently to not mash up the pieces
- Serve as a side, on lettuce, or on its own. Makes a great lunch. Enjoy!