Today was a beautiful Virginia day 🙂 The sun was shining, it was warm (but not hot), my husband was out mowing the lawn, the chickens were out pecking at the grass clippings, and the dogs were playing. It was one of those days that make you smile and feel blessed. As I was outside watering the garden and my newly potted vegetable seeds I was thinking of all the reasons I love to live on some land and why I love having chickens. I thought I would share my top 10 reasons I love chickens.
10. The eggs
9. Chicken noises
8. Raising the chickens from babies
7. Knowing my eggs are fresh
6. They way “the girls” run to us when we go into the yard
5. My egg basket
4. They eat bug of all kinds (especially the stink bugs we hate)
3. Collecting the eggs
2. The comedy of watching the chickens in the yard
1. Did I mention the Eggs ???
What are your favorite reasons for having chickens? If you don’t have chickens, yet want them, what is your top reasons for wanting chickens?