You’re Gonna Miss This

I was thinking after a yummy supper Sunday with friends that with all we have been walking though with the Lord that I am in need of a slow down. The song by Trace Adkins came to mind… You’re Gonna Miss This.

If you are not familiar with the song it starts out talking about a young girl that wants to grow up too fast. First she is anxious to get out on her own and have her own place. It then shows her as a young adult in her own place and all she wants is to be married and own a home. The next part of the song is about her getting married and then all she wants is kids. It finally ends with her having kids and wishing they would be older and easier to care for. In each stage of her life she has someone tell her to slow down, appreciate what she has in the moment, as when it is gone she is going to miss that stage of her life. Now I may not have the song exact, but it is my best description of what I see in the song.

It got me to thinking about how in each part of my life I have been really good at accepting and enjoying each phase as it came. When I wasn’t I would pray about it then somehow be able to go back to being happy right where I was. That was untill I was more than two years into infertility treatment. So I looked to this song to provide some perspective and ability to continue to hope and have faith for the future.

If you want to check it out go to… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIBediEAcUQ It is a good reminder no matter where you are to be grateful. I need to work on being content, as I have said before I have a loving husband, two fun-loving pups, a home, chickens (and their yummy eggs), family, and a job.bax snow Goodness from God 🙂

1. Sarah
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 17:13:01

That’s a good song w/ a good message to remember!

Feb 12, 2013 @ 17:45:23

beautiful post, I enjoyed the song, first time I heard it, very beautiful! you are right, I feel like this very often and have to remind myself to appreciate the present and everything I have around me! glad you are able to stay positive during this infertility treatment and I’m sure God is listening to your prayers and give you a beautiful gift very soon! 🙂

Feb 12, 2013 @ 18:30:55

I am so happy the song was helpful 🙂 Seems we are similer in wanting to keep the positive and apperciate the present. I am hopeful God is listening 🙂

3. Judy@grandparentsplus2
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 18:23:54

Keep the faith and enjoy each and every day for the joy it brings you – beautiful sun rises and sets, nice people, good family and friends. And, we’ll hope and pray that your ultimates desires are met with success.

4. Anne
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 22:26:33

Stay strong–God has a plan for you. I always remind myself of this quote: “God will never give me more than I can handle. Sometimes I just wish that he didn’t trust me so much!”

Anne

5. sagescenery
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 23:01:28

Two Scriptures come to my mind:

Philippians 4:11 NIV “I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.”
    Psalm 37:4 NIV “Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.”
    You’re already doing what the first Scripture says, by appreciating what God has blessed you with, so then continue to delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart!!

We, too, had a long road to get to the desire of our hearts to have a child…my son is 22 years old now…God is good and He is faithful! I’m going to keep praying for you!

Feb 13, 2013 @ 16:38:10

Funny you put those two scriptures up. The frist one is part of ones I have memorized and the seond I re-found the other night when doing my Bible study so I have them together now 🙂 I am so happy you brought them to my attention 🙂 I am sorry about your struggles for a child, but am so hopeful and happy yo hear your son is now 22- God has been good to you 🙂 Thank you for your prayers I really do apperciate them 🙂

• sagescenery
        Feb 13, 2013 @ 17:19:09

You’re welcome!! “You’re Gonna Miss This” is such an appropriate reminder for us nowadays, since we all try to rush things…instead of savoring what God has put in our hands right now! I’m loving that my son is working and going to graduate classes near here, so he’s still living at home…I know the future will hold other things, but as long as we let God have control…those things will be the best things for us!

Feb 13, 2013 @ 17:26:25

I agree 🙂 I do think it is a good song for modern day human and as a Christian we should be apperciating what we have even when it is really really hard 🙂 I am so happy your son is about to get his degree… what a special time in his life 🙂

• sagescenery
        Feb 13, 2013 @ 21:15:14

Another thing that I’ve found is that God wants us to pray about others needs…and then He seems to step right in and answer our requests!!

So feel free to pray for our Drama Team ministry…for God to use it in a mighty way…and I will pray for your heart’s desire for a healthy, happy gift from God!

Funny, my Mom said to me when were trying to have a baby, “Maybe it’s not God’s will for you to have a baby!” I stopped a moment, thought about it, and said, “Yes, I believe it is God’s will!” Stand on His promises to your heart!

Feb 15, 2013 @ 18:34:34

I will add that to my prayer list 🙂 I believe it is his will for us to have a baby too, and am getting better on waiting on his timing 🙂 Thanks for the thoughts 🙂

• sagescenery
        Feb 16, 2013 @ 00:31:13

I so appreciate your prayers! Thanks!

Great! His will be done…I’ll be praying for you, too…so keep me posted!!

Feb 16, 2013 @ 09:10:52

You are welcome and I will keep updating 🙂

• sagescenery
        Feb 20, 2013 @ 15:49:40

Just heard Anne Kiemel Anderson speak on Focus On The Family this morning about her road to having children…great motivational speaker on trusting Jesus!!

Feb 20, 2013 @ 20:10:44

Hummm… I will have to see if I can find that on the internet… usually the Focus on the Family are recorded so you can hear them again. Thanks for letting me know 🙂

• sagescenery
        Feb 20, 2013 @ 22:02:24

You’re welcome!!

6. PJ
    Feb 13, 2013 @ 16:44:22

I’ve come through the other side of infertility and although my dreams of being a Mom never came true I’m making new dreams now. Stay strong… I wish you lots of love, peace, hope and happiness x

Feb 13, 2013 @ 17:23:39

Thank you for sharing with me your struggles and beign on the other side now. I hope your new dreams come true 🙂 Thank you for the support, peace, and insight 🙂 I am greatful you shared 🙂

7. Chancy and Mumsy
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 12:33:47

What a wonderful post. Love the snow picture and I love that song. Hugs and nose kisses from Chancy and me

8. Eleenie